The European Creators‘ Lab (briefly EUCL) has two modules: the Development Lab (DevLab) and the Booster Lab (Booster). Both events are organized by the XR Hub Bavaria, Medien.Bayern GmbH (Event organizer).
I. General conditions
1. The Booster Lab (Booster) will be held as hybrid event in collaboration with the Stereopsia Festival in Brussels. It will take place November 29th to December 3rd, 2021, in digital spaces and on VR platforms, and December 9th and 10th, 2021, physically at Stereopsia Festival in Brussels. The applicant hereby confirms that without exception he/she will take part on all scheduled Booster events digitally and physically.
2. The Booster will be held in English language.
3. The event organizer declares that the documents submitted (application form) will be treated confidentially, and only employees who participate in the selection of participants will have access to them.
4. The participation will be confirmed after a selective process of all applications until October 11th, 2021. The participation is project-bound and usually granted to the producer and, if applicable, one other team member. A legal claim for participation cannot be granted.
5. The applicant declares that he/she will not announce or publish his/her participation in the Booster prior to the event organizer’s press announcement.
6. The mentors and experts attached to the lab are artists, creatives and VR/AR experts in their fields. They have been committed to be part of the Booster, but nevertheless due to force majeure or unforeseeable circumstances it can happen that they have to cancel their engagement. The Booster will make all efforts for an adequate replacement if any possible. Participant accepts that the mentors and experts might change.
7. The applicant agrees that in case he/she is chosen and participates in the Booster, photos, videos or film of him/her his/her work in the lab during the online sessions and the Stereopsia festival shall be made and published.
8. The applicant hereby notes that all course materials, content and information, regardless of the format and the media made available, are absolutely confidential and may not be passed on or published, neither during nor at any later point in time, to third parties. This also includes conversations and discussions held in the Booster. Audio- and/or video or any other recordings of the online sessions or events in VR are strictly forbidden.
II. Costs, payment conditions and conditions for scholarships
1. The Booster is partly co-funded by the participants. The contribution for expenses for the lab is € 300,-- (plus 19% VAT).
2. After confirmation of participation following the jury’s decision in October, the full amount becomes due until 12th November, 2021, at the latest. The contribution for expenses includes participation in the online courses, access to all used digital and virtual spaces, full festival pass for Stereopsia, participation in the festival’s pitching session and networking events. NOT included are travel expenses and accommodation. The contribution for expenses will not be refunded if the applicant cancels his/her participation. An exemption can be made if a substitute can be presented before 12th November, 2021, who must be accepted by the jury.
3. The Booster provides a small number of scholarships - following the regularities of the Creative Europe Media Programme - for citizens with the nationality of: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia. Scholarships refer to the participants and not to the projects, which means that a scholarship can be awarded to a team member even if, for example, the producer himself is not eligible. The scholarships are freed from contribution for expenses and receive a travel allowance to (partly) cover their cost. The scholarships will be selected by jury’s decision. There is no legal claim for participation with scholarship.
III. Project developments in and after the Booster
1. Any rights to ideas and/or concepts arising from the Booster belong to the participant as the author or several participants. The organizer declares that it shall assert no rights to the ideas and/or concepts developed during the Booster.
2. We care about how projects are progressing. Where possible, we also provide support after the Booster. We are required by Creative Europe Media to cite successes and describe project developments. In case the project will be or is realized, the participant shall inform the training lead, Astrid Kahmke (firstname.lastname@example.org), regarding developments, festival submissions and invitations, any nominations and prizes, etc., without being requested.